Steve Martin - The Crow: New Songs for the Five-String Banjo

Category: Books,Arts & Photography,Music

Steve Martin - The Crow: New Songs for the Five-String Banjo Details

(Homespun Tapes). Steve Martin is a comedian, novelist, screenwriter, actor and many other things, but his first love is the banjo. His recent hit CD, The Crow , features 15 original tunes in both clawhammer and Scruggs style. This book of tablature, accurately transcribed by Tony Trischka, is a great learning tool for aspiring players. Also includes an introduction and tuning notes from Tony. Contents: Daddy Played the Banjo * Pitkin County Turnaround * Hoedown at Alice's * Late for School * Tin Roof * Words Unspoken * Pretty Flowers * Wally on the Run * Freddie's Lilt * Saga of the Old West * Clawhammer Medley * Calico Train * Banana Banjo * Blue River Waltz * The Crow.

Reviews

I fell in love with The Crow when I first heard it, and was blown away by Steve Martin's talent on the banjo. It's such a modern-sounding and accessible album and easily the most enjoyable I've heard in a while. As soon as I heard "Saga of the Old West" I knew I had to learn how to play it. After two days with this book I'm well on my way to mastering the first section of that song, and I've only been playing the banjo since August (although I do play the guitar). The tabs are clearly laid out with easy-to-read indications of which fingers to pick with, exactly where the hammers and pull-offs are, and which section of the song you are playing. There are many different styles included in the book as well. It's even better that Steve was involved with the book and includes his personal comments and tips for the tabs (e.g. "...which is how how I play it...").Overall, this book is very easy to understand and a great way to further appreciate Steve's more contemporary musicianship!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel